That's where we went today!
Sorry for the lack of updates, everyone. Not much has happened on this front except for classes and all that, really. I'm starting to get busy with reading books and writing papers and all that, and I don't expect that to let up too soon. But today was our trip to Dover!
Fun!
The town is only about 45 minutes or a half hour away from Canterbury, so the trip there was quick. I added a ton of pictures to my flickr, so if you want to look, start here. The first few are still of Canterbury, but then it works its way into Dover.
And those aren't all the pictures! I still have about half of them I didn't upload but will definitely show you guys when I get home! Dover was breathtaking, especially when we got at the top of the hill and looked down on the town. I took so many pictures and while it was cold, it was a lot of fun.
We got about an hour and a half to walk around and do stuff before the Secret War Tunnel tours, so we browsed the castle grounds and even went up to the top of the Keep! It was a lot of fun and the weather constantly changed! We got snow, rain, sunshine and hail all in the course of about five hours! And you can see France from where we were! It's only about 22 miles or so across the English Channel and was so awesome to see.
The Tunnels were amazing and there is so much history regarding WWII and everything like that. We weren't allowed to take pictures inside, but it was a lot like Cantigny and their war museum. So if you can picture that, that's about it. We got another two hours to do stuff afterward but had really run out of things to do! So I visited the gift shop for a bit and then just kind of hung around until the buses came back. It was a long, long day!
I hung out with the girls from ISU for a while and bonded with some of the people from other schools as well. I'm excited for next week's London trip as we are going to stay over night after the trip is finished and spend next Saturday there too! So expect lots and lots of pictures.
My room has been unnaturally cold and it's been kind of chilly here, although I'm sure nothing compared to home! But I'm keeping warm and fed. Tomorrow and Sunday is all about homework. Papers to write and books to read.
This Wednesday is the American Studies club meeting, so I'm going to go that and hopefully have some fun. It'll be interesting at least, I'm sure. I'm definitely tired though, so I think it's going to be time to relax and maybe watch a movie.
Love you all and miss you!
-Sam
Friday, 29 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment