The tour this morning was fantastic, even though I didn't get a lot of sleep. One of my roommates decided to throw a party downstairs at about eleven and no one actually left until about... 2. I'm right above the common area, so I really didn't get a whole lot of sleep.
Ah well.
Back to the tour :] It was awesome, even if we were the stupid American tourists at this point, clogging up the streets and all that. We went through places that I had already been to (sort of) but I got to hear about all of the history and everything like that. It's amazing how old and how important this city actually is. The history of it goes all the way back to the Romans! Students back home really don't get taught about their hometowns... and most of the places I've lived have not been this historically significant in the slightest.
Chicago doesn't count in that, of course.
Here and forward in that small section of my England folder are some of the pictures I took. I have to be careful because I'm already 50% full for this month on Flickr and have two major field trips coming up :] And as you can see, I got lazy with the descriptions, so if you want to know what something is, just let me know :]
But yeah... the cathedral is gorgeous and my pictures don't do it justice, honestly. It is so huge and amazing. It was suggested that we go to a service, and I might if only to hear the choir. There isn't much I can say that isn't already portrayed in my pictures.
It was just awesome. So much history!
I'm just kind of relaxing now... might take a nap or something since everyone back home is barely up at this point! I got my computer fans and they are working out well so far! So hopefully they stay working for a few more weeks.
Andrea ~ Yay for the fourth roommate! ^_^ I'm really glad that worked out.
I think I found a tattoo parlor that I like. I need to go in and visit, but their work is impressive. So yeah :]
Miss you all and love you!
-Sam
Friday, 22 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment