Monday, 1 February 2010

WARE did you go?

Yup!

I went to Ware today! :] Pictures start here, although there aren't many this time around. I got up and went to the train station, only to run into one of my American friends from Texas. Her name is Jordan and she's fantastic. While she will go out with people, we're a lot alike and I've been getting a bit closer to her. She's awesome. She was coming through the train station and returning from Paris where she had been for the weekend and when I told her where I was going she wanted to join me.

It was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, because I can't read, we missed the 10:25 train, so we decided to head over to a cafe on high street for about an hour before the next train was about to show up. Unfortunately, Jordan had class at 3 so she couldn't come with, but definitely wanted to come back with me! So today was my scouting trip and we'll probably go on our 'spring break' in a couple weeks.

I got on the train and this express train was awesome. Very nice and I nearly fell asleep! Took that into St. Pancras International where you can go out to anywhere, it's connected with King's Cross in London. From there I took the underground (first time!!) out to where I was to pick up the train to get to Ware. The underground was a lot like the El of Chicago, only well... underground. Obviously. Thanks to all those Chinatown trips, it wasn't hard to find my way around the train stations. When I got to my transfer, I had to wait a bit but finally got the train to Ware.

It's so cute! The High Street was small, but there were a lot of shops and a lot of people! I walked up and down the river a little bit and visited St. Mary's church. I definitely want to get a bit more information from everyone so when I can go back I can go and see a lot more. I didn't spend a whole lot of time there but it was enough to see a good portion of the town. Then I jumped on the train back and managed to get every single one of my connections only a few minutes before it was supposed to leave, including the one back to Canterbury!

Lucky, eh?

Then I came back to my flat. We didn't have hot water this morning and I have yet to see if it got fixed... and unfortunately our heat seems to be broken as well. Before class I'm gonna go raise hell over at the Warden's office if it doesn't get fixed by tomorrow afternoon. It's stupid and I'm freezing. Another reason why I think I'm going to get my hair cut short this week, just so that it's easier to take care of, with shorter showers and the like.

London this weekend! I booked my hostel with the group of girls I hung around Dover with, so that'll be fun. I might go see a show with Jordan if I can get a ticket and depending on what time and all that.

Today was fun and I'm definitely tired.

Love you all and miss you!
-Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment