Last night was the shindig for the American Studies group... got there at about 7:30 to find it a really small pub and the drinks were kind of expensive. I did manage to group with some of the other American girls not from my group and we hung around for a bit, waiting for things to actually start. We decided to go somewhere else for cheaper drinks before things actually got started and went over to a place called Orange Tree. It was pretty cool and we were the only ones there!
Then we went back to the original pub to find that they hadn't put out the free food yet, so Jordan (the girl from Texas who was going to come to Ware with me) and I decided to go to a place where they had coffee and booze... but there was some singer in there, so instead we went to Penny Theatre. It was a pretty cool place. Eclectic and it used to be an old Penny Theatre (hence the name) but also a venue for bands. Apparently Radiohead played there back in 1992. Had my first pint (yeah, it took forever, didn't it?) and found how I'm a lightweight when it comes to that. Ha. Jordan and I hung around for a couple hours and drank our pints and talked. We actually have a lot in common, including the fact that we don't actually like getting wasted or anything like that.
Yay!
And we decided that instead of going to Amsterdam like everyone else for our spring break, we are going to go to a bunch of the smaller places. She wants to go to Ware, so I'll take her there, and we're gonna go to Liverpool and a few other places during the week. It's gonna be awesome.
Today I got my hair cut! And another picture. I like it a lot. After a couple hours of getting my hair done (longest time ever!) I went to the library for a bit and am now back in my flat. I have to be back on campus at 7:45 AM to leave for London tomorrow.
Ew.
So early bedtime tonight, I think. Then I'll be back on Saturday night more than likely and will be posting pictures and all that then!
Love you all and miss you!
-Sam
Thursday, 4 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment