So the past week or so has been pretty uneventful. Had a major paper due in one of my classes that I'm pretty proud of and have been reading The Scarlet Letter in American Literature. Right now I'm currently on a 'Reading Week', which is for the students to catch up on all of their course work and reading, but really that means a spring break for the American students. Most of them went off to the continent and all that, but a few of us stayed behind. Jordan and another girl named Meghan and I plan to go up to Scotland for a few days, probably leaving on Wednesday, so that will be fun! I'll have lots of pictures to show you then!
Yesterday, Jordan and I went to Stratford-Upon-Avon, where Shakespeare was born and lived for a vast majority of his life if he wasn't in London. There aren't a lot of pictures because we weren't allowed to take any in the houses, but the ones that I have that I uploaded (had to leave space since I only have about 30% of my bandwith for Flickr left for the month!) start here!
We caught a 7:00 AM train... having to get up at about 5:40, because we thought we could make the 6:30 train. That didn't happen and I had some problems getting to sleep. So yesterday I was up at about 4:30, after falling asleep at about 1:30-2 AM, due to one of my roommates having a party downstairs again. Not fun. But I got to snooze a bit on the train up there, as it was about an hour and a half into London and then two hours out to Stratford-Upon-Avon.
Fun!
The town was a lot more modernized than I had imagined, but the houses were gorgeous and we saw a lot. Again, not a lot of pictures and those that I post online are only a handful of what I take. But the history was amazing and so were the houses we went into. It made me want to see a Shakespeare play! But unfortunately the season doesn't start until later on in February, so there wasn't anything we could see yesterday.
We took the 5:40 train back and got home at about 10:00... 10:30, even was pushing it. And when I got back to my flat, I found a package in front of my door. My Valentine's Day present from Dustin! He sent me a red rose in a pretty vase. It's blooming very well now and is so pretty!
I'm currently waiting on the warden to come over to turn on our heat and hot water again. It keeps turning itself off, which isn't fun... after that I need to do a bit of grocery shopping and homework. I want to knock out at least one big paper that is due at the end of March this week, and I think I'll have plenty of time. Especially since the train ride up to Edinburgh is a total of about 8 hours. Long day!
Love you and miss you all!
-Sam
Sunday, 14 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment