Sorry, everyone, for the long wait between updates. There wasn't much going on around here until this past weekend when the Americans all took a field trip around England. It was a lot of fun :] Flickr, unfortunately, is only allowing me to upload about 200 photos total, so there aren't a lot and the ones I've posted are not the only ones I've taken, so you all can see the rest once I get home. The pictures start here!
First we went to Windsor and got to see the castle. It was so pretty and the Queen was home when we were there! Which meant we couldn't go inside, but that was alright. We had a great tour around Windsor and the town was so pretty. We also went over to the neighboring town of Eton and got to see the schoolboys in their uniforms. Unfortunately it was raining a lot so when we got to Stonehenge it was a bit muddy.
Stonehenge was so amazing! It got nicer while we were there and it was pretty cool. We didn't get to go inside but it was still pretty cool. A lot bigger and we actually were pretty close.
Then we got to the hotel and we ordered pizza and just kind of hung around for the night. The following day was Bath which was so gorgeous! We got another walking tour and everything and it was such nice weather. 52* and sunny. So awesome. We spent a ton of time there and shopped and just kind of bummed around again. Then it was back to the hotel. Sunday we went to a small village of Lacock where there was filming done for Harry Potter! We got to see a few houses that had been in the movie but weren't allowed in the abbey that had some of the Hogwarts corridors.
After the small detour, we went to Oxford that had a bunch of other filming locations for the movie. We had a fantastic tour guide who was so energetic and got us into one of the small college campuses inside the University. It was fantastic and so pretty! I wish we could have spent more time in Oxford, but unfortunately we couldn't. I bought a sweatshirt and a t-shirt though for the university.
Overall, it was a great weekend and I'm sure I'll tell you guys more about it when I get home. Love you all and miss you!
-Sam
Monday, 15 March 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment